26 August 2010

Day 3 - My Parents

Dear Momma and Daddy~

I'm not quite sure how to express everything that I want to say to you both. You have given and taught me so much about life and about what it means to be a wife, a mother and a friend.

I enjoy telling people about my childhood and how we didn't always get along or see eye-to-eye. I don't do this because I'm proud of how I behaved or the things I put you through. I do this because we came out on the other side. I feel like you both set the stage to let me be the person I was, even when you didn't like that person all the time. I knew, through all the trials and tribulations, that I had the love and support of my parents.

The greatest lesson you taught me was, "Nothing that you can do or that can be done to you can be made worse by coming home and talking about it." What an amazing way to open the channels of communication with a teenager! I know that this will be a lesson that I always hold dear and one that I will pass on to my children.

Becky

No comments: