02 January 2009

Back to Real Life

Today I'm going to go to my office for a while, thus ending my fabulous Winter Break. I'm not thrilled, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and a few hours in the office today will make 8 hours on Monday far less painful.

In the past, I have hated long breaks from school or work. After a few days I've gotten extremely bored and restless. This year, something has shifted. I have become proficient at being a lazy douche and have actually ENJOYED it!!!

Don't get me wrong. I've been somewhat productive...finishing my nephew's scrapbook, baking, laundry, cleaning...the normal things. I even took down the dying Christmas tree! Between all those "productive" things, though, there has been an obscene amount of Rock Band, TV, reading (I finished both of my Christmas books and one that I borrowed from a friend. I have nothing else to read right now.), movies, and even napping. I love it!

So...Happy New Year to one and all! I hope that moving back into the rigors of real life is smooth and painless. Have a good one!!!

No comments: